Advanced Resuscitation Techniques
The aim of the Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate course is to develop participants’ skills and knowledge to use oxygen, airway management devices and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation and to administer oxygen to conscious or unconscious breathing casualties.
Advanced Resuscitation Techniques – Course Content
- Assess the casualty and develop a management plan
- Check resuscitation equipment
- Maintain an open airway by:
- Using suction
- Using oropharyngeal airways (OP airways)
- Resuscitate a casualty using oxygen
- Use oxygen to provide therapy
- Recover and restore oxygen equipment
- Attach and operate a Advanced External Defibrillator
- Recover and restore defibrillation equipment.